September 2, 2011 Labor day challenge weekend 2011
Because I am the kind of person that needs to be accountable and whatnot, here’s my “Labor Day Challenge” weekend post to myself. With you, dear readers, as audience and people who can make me feel bad when I do not perform adequately. CHECK IT!
We have a wedding this weekend– it’s really cool, and I’m excited about it, at Belle Meade Plantation in Nashville. That means today + tomorrow are lost causes, but Sunday + Monday are ripe with possibility. Here’s the plans:
1. Finalize front garden sketch for bulb planting plans + order bulbs <– Expect a detailed cross post on this and my Brocade blog next week, all about bulb-ing
2. Prime + Paint the Dining Room
3. Take pictures of the bathroom + dining room and post on the blog
4. Sand + refinish the buffet. Or at least sand it. Progress is important
5. Find the rest of my plates for the plate wall
6. Make a labor day bbq dinner for husband + mother in law <– if you can move arms
Things that almost made the list…
7. Learn how to use the sewing machine and make something with it (it’s still in it’s box. But I now have a sewing table, so that’s progress!!!)
8. Build the headboard for the bedroom (overly ambitious)
9. Finish tiling the kitchen (cries)
10. Do something in the kitchen worthwhile (double cry)
The only thing I wish was on the list but is not is NAP…so let the challenge BEGIN! What do you plan to accomplish this Labor Day Weekend?